Conditions of Application for 2019 Nanjing Marathon –National Marathon Championships (Nanjing Station)
1. Date and Event
(1) Race date and time：Sunday 07:30 November 10, 2019
(2) Race events and scales of the race
a. Marathon (42.195 KM): 10000 people
b. Half-Marathon (21.0975 KM): 8000 people
c. Mini Race and Couple Run（about 5KM）: 10000 people
Male and Female Marathon; Male and Female Half-Marathon; Male and Female Mini Jogging (including Couple Run).
2. Application conditions
According to 2019 Nanjing Marathon competition regulations, anyone with valid ID card, passport or other legal identity certificate is qualified regardless of nationality;
(2) Age Requirements
a. All Marathon entrants shall be at least 20 years old (born before December 31st, 1999);
b. All Half-Marathon entrants shall be at least 16 years old (born before December 31st, 2003);
c. All Mini Race entrants shall be at least 10 years old (born before December 31st,2009);
d. All Couple Run entrants shall be at least 18 years old (born before December 31st,2001);
Note: Runners under the age of 18 are required to be present together with their guardian or legal agent to collect the materials and supplies before the competition. After the guardian or legal agent signs the declaration on the spot, they could collect the materials and supplies for the race.
(3) Persons who has any of the following diseases are not recommended to participate in Nanjing Marathon:
Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease/Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease/Myocarditis and other heart diseases/Coronary artery disease and server irregular heartbeat/diabetic patient with high or low blood sugar/Pregnant or other diseases that is not suitable for sports.
3. Registration Fee
(1) Domestic (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan regions) runners: Marathon 150 Yuan per person; Half-Marathon 120 Yuan per person; Mini Race 90 Yuan per person; Couple Run 180 Yuan each couple(2 persons);
(2) Foreign runners: Marathon 80 US dollars per person, Half-Marathon 50 US dollars per person; Mini Race 40 US dollars per person;Couple Run 80 US dollars each couple(2 persons);
(3) ‘Go for the Olympics' Registration: In the ninth edition ‘Go for the Olympics’ series, according to the registration method of ‘Go for the Olympics’, the top 100 runners of the ‘1,000 people running crew’ are free of charge, and the top 500 runners of the ‘10,000 people running crew’ are required to pay.
Note: The ninth ‘10,000 people running crew’ is the list of ten thousand people's list published on the official website of China athletics association. The ‘1,000 people running crew’ is the top 1,000 male and top 1,000 female. The division of ‘10,000 people running crew’ and ‘1,000 people running crew’ can be found on the official website of China athletics association. The list of the ninth ‘10,000 people running crew’ and ‘1,000 people running crew’ can be found on the official website of China athletics association.
4. Registration time
(1) Registration time: 10:00 on August 20th, 2019 -17:00 on September 10th, 2019.
(2) Time for announcing the lots: September 18th, 2019.
(3) Payment Time: September 18th, 2019 after announcing the lots-12:00 on September 23rd,2019; Overdue payment shall be deemed to be a waiver of entry qualification.
(4) Alternate mechanism:For the vacant places due to the overdue payment, a second draw will be made among the unsuccessful candidates, and the alternate runners will be randomly selected to make up the corresponding places. Alternate runners can complete the payment between 17:00 on September 23 and 17:00 on September 26. Overdue payment shall be deemed to be a waiver of entry qualification.
5. Registration Method
(1) Registration on 2019 Nanjing marathon official website: www.nj-marathon.org;
(2) Registration on the mtsports APP;
(3) Registered athletes of CAA who participate in the National Marathon Championships (Nanjing Station) shall register through the online registration system of CAA;
Note: 1. Foreign athletes registration, ‘Go for the Olympics' Registration only could be done through the official website of Nanjing Marathon.
‘Go for the Olympics' Registration channel is only for the top 100 runners of ‘1,000 people running crew’ and top 500 runners of ‘10,000 people running crew’, in total 600 runners. 600 places will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. After the registration is completed, the remaining participants can register through the normal registration channel of the event."
6. About Draw of Lots
(1) The drawing method
If the number of participants exceeds the set number, the organizing committee will use the computer system to randomly draw lots for the participants and generate the final list.
(2) The free draw method
a.Elite Direct Pass:
i.According to <Measures for the implementation of grade assessment for public racers of marathon and related sports in China>,released by Chinese athletics association: Within two year before 2019 Nanjing Marathon’s registration, the runners that have finished personal marathons with a elite result in the ‘class A events’ certified by the Chinese athletics association could be free of the draw and obtain qualification. (The result data available on ‘China marathon information platform’ shall prevail.)
Elite Marathon runners performance criteria are as follows:
Elite Half-Marathon runners performance criteria are as follows:
ii. "Go for the Olympics" runners: according to the registration method of "Go for the Olympics" in the ninth edition of "Go for the Olympics" series, the first 100 members of "1000 people running crew" and the first 500 members of "10000 people running crew" will be free of draw.
b.Loyalty Direct Pass:
On the premise of fulfilling the qualification to 2019 Nanjing Marathon , the runners who had four consecutive years in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 joined and finished Nanjing Marathon in Marathon event, the runners can get the right to directly get the qualification to Marathon event, and such runners can apply for permanent bib number (see details in section 7. The application of Nanjing Marathon’s Permanent bib number).
On the premise of fulfilling the qualification to 2019 Nanjing Marathon , the runners who had four consecutive years in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 joined and finished Nanjing Marathon in Marathon/Half-Marathon events, the runners can get the right to directly get the qualification to Half-Marathon event.
7. The application of Nanjing Marathon’s Permanent bib number
(1) Applicant: The runners who had four consecutive years in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 joined and finished Nanjing Marathon in Marathon event.
(2) Application method:Applicants email their registration materials to email@example.com, with the title of email as "apply for Nanjing Marathon’s permanent bib number -- name”. Example: "apply for Nanjing Marathon’s permanent bib number -- San Zhang"
(3) Materials to be submitted in the email:
a. E-file or photo of the certificate of previous Nanjing Marathons’ results;
b. The scanned copy/photocopy of the applicant's valid id;
c. Personal information (name, id number, mobile phone number)
(4) Application deadline: 17:00, September 26, 2019.
(5) The format of the permanent bib number is 4 digits, the first digit is fixed as 9, and the last three digits are arranged according to the time of receiving the application emails. The male applicants’ permanent bib number is 9001-9500; The female applicants’ permanent bib number is 9501-9999.
(6) Benefits for permanent bib number owners:
a. Get the direct pass to full marathon of Nanjing marathon.
b. Special benefits: permanent bib number holders will be eligible to apply for a service that a relative hangs medals at the finish line of 2019 Nanjing Marathon. A number of permanent bib number holders will be selected by organizing committee to receive this benefit.
(1) The registration of 2019 Nanjing Marathon adopts the principle of registration before payment. Runners must pass through the draw of lots, the successful runners pay fees to participate. If the payment is successful, the registration fee will not be refunded. The results can be found on the official website of Nanjing Marathon and the APP Mtsports.
(2) The quota is limited to the participant himself and no transfer is allowed. If an athlete takes part in the race under false name, forges the bib number or certificate of the race, or engages in fraud and other situations, depending on the serious circumstances, the organizing committee will announce the list of violators for the first time, and forbid the violators to participate in the Nanjing Marathon for the whole life. If such a situation occurs again, the athlete will be reported to the Chinese athletics association and be banned from all certified events by CAA for life.
(3) Please fill in the personal information carefully and truthfully. The organizing committee will verify the authenticity of the information. Once any false is found, the participant will be disqualified from 2019 Nanjing Marathon.
(4) Registration consultation
a. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Telephone: 025-58835624(9:00-12:00; 13:30-17:30pm, Monday to Friday).